Take the internet by storm and win a chance to perform live next year!
Please save the date on your calendar!
Saturday August 1st, at 11:59pm
Don't miss this great opportunity to showcase your talents!
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
Please make sure to check following before applying
This contest is open to anyone regardless of country lived in.
- All submissions must be submitted in video format via Google Drive, Dropbox, or other file sharing website. This is to maintain anonymity during the screening process to choose the finalists, and to allow the Festival to reach ouch and procure necessary permissions for our finalists to perform – particularly with music.
- Email with a link to your submission should be sent to general_JF@japanfestivalcanada.com with the title “Talent Contest Entry”, and in the body of the email include your full legal name, age, mailing address, and if you are under the age of 16 you must have written permissions from your parent or legal guardian with regards to participation. Feel free to include your stage name (if applicable), and parents/legal guardians in the event your child makes the finals, we will have a waiver that will require physical signature.
- Please ensure your video and audio quality are as high as possible. We want to make sure our judges are able to give fair judgment and that technology doesn’t impede your chances.
- Please send the recording of your entire performance, and include a small verbal introduction with your name, and what it is you will be performing for the judges.
- No editing or altering of your performance, this includes both video and audio.
- Be creative and fun! We want to see all the amazing talent we know you have to show us!
- This contest is open to both groups, and solo acts.
- If you are a group, please submit information for each member participating, as well as individual email contacts.
- Songs used must be Japanese or by a Japanese artist. We ask this as it is the Japan Festival of Canada!
Should you have any questions, please email general_JF@japanfestivalcanada.com with the title “Question for Talent Contest”. Many thanks, and best of luck to all our hopeful contestants! Ganbatte!