Seeking Your Idea for a special dish to commemorate “90th anniversary of Japan-Canada Diplomatic Relations”!!
The winner will be awarded a round trip Airline ticket to Tokyo!!
Canadian residents who have passion, interest and appreciation toward Japanese food and cultures.
Theme for the Recipe
- The Recipe must be specially created for celebrating “90th Anniversary of Japan-Canada Diplomatic Relations” and inspired by Japanese food or ingredients.
- The dish must be prepared and presented within the allocated time frame.
Application Deadline / Result Notification
- Primary Audition
Application deadline : July 1
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by July 7th.
- Secondary Audition
Application deadline：July 15
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by July 21st.
- Individual application only (a group will not be accepted)
- 19 years old and older
- Must reside in Canada
- Professional and non-professional chefs are invited
- Must be present to compete at the venue on August 25 upon selected as finalists. (transportation fee will be covered by the organizer)
- Must agree and accept the condition that the recipe will be released to the public
Primary: Document review (application form)
Secondary: One-minute-video clip of self-introduction and PR (How enthusiastic and excited to be part of the competition and how well you are connected to Japanese food and culture)
Final: Food tasting at the venue of Japan Festival CANADA 2018
Date: August 25, 2018 (Saturday)
Venue: Japan Festival CANADA 2018 main stage
Judgement: Panels of Food critics will actually taste the dish at the main stage and the winner will be announced.
- 2 Candidates will be proceed to the final.
- Finalists are given 30 minutes to complete the dish (approx. 2hrs of preparation time will be allocated prior to the main stage competition).
- Transportation fee and ingredients will be provided by the event organizer.
- A round trip Airline ticket to Tokyo (for the winner only)
- A tour in Tokyo to experience and enjoy Japanese food and culture